I got a good night's sleep in spite of the non-stop activity that went on with Mom. She's doing well and the staff is taking care of her needs and coaxing the kidney to start working by pushing lots of fluids through. The kidney is starting to play along and it's not unusual to wait a day or two for a good response.
Mom will probably be in her hospital room for three days and then we'll move to our place here:
UUHC Patient & Family Housing
2080 W. North Temple • Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
I have this placed booked for a month and will check-in this afternoon. It is kind of a studio apartment with a kitchenette and sleeps four. Any visitors are welcome to stay here, of course, however dogs aren't allowed unfortunately. Interestingly though, we just learned that pets are welcome in the hospital. Normal dog courtesies requested, of course.
My main job, and that of my proxy when I go back to work, will be to chauffeur Mom to and from the various appointments that she will have here before she's allowed to return home. Even after we are home there will be recurring trips to SLC for additional appointments.
There is definitely some overhead with having a transplanted kidney, but I'm sure it will be better for Mom (and me) than the routine grind of dialysis sessions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Paul and I will keep you both in our prayers.We think that you both are terrific. God be with you both. Sherry Sloan
ReplyDelete